Thursday, March 1, 2018

SOLSC #1 What will happen?




I am participating in the
March 2018 Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC).
All participants are writing about one moment, one part of their day, every day for thirty-one days.
A big thank you to Two Writing Teachers for providing this unique opportunity
for teacher-writers to share and reflect.




Here I go again!

I believe this is my seventh year of participating in the March SOLSC. I am so appreciative of Two Writing Teachers for this fun opportunity! Each year, I am surprised to find something new to write about each day (it seems to magically happen), I am astounded by how this simple act of daily writing makes me more present and alert all day long, as I mine every moment for possible material in a slice, and I am awed – absolutely awed - by what I read in and learn from other blogs. It is a fabulous month of writing.

That being said - this is likely to be a year that I don’t quite complete the writing challenge. I am traveling on three special trips, one of which is a 30th anniversary trip to Costa Rica with my dear husband at the very end of March. So, just sayin’! I’m going to give this year’s March SOLSC a good try,  and I will squeeze out all the joy and learning that I can, but I am also going to forgive myself if I write less than 31 slices.

Here’s to the challenge! Welcome to all the new Slicers!! Happy March!! Write on!!



"I have discovered in life that here are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, 
if you really want to go."
Langston Hughes

2 comments:

  1. I'm not traveling this spring break, so I will try to post every day. And I'm a bit jealous of that Costa Rica trip you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited! We have never been. Didn't you celebrate a big anniversary last year?

    ReplyDelete