Thursday, March 8, 2018

SOLSC #8: What am I grateful for?




I am participating in the
March 2018 Slice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC).
All participants are writing about one moment, one part of their day, every day for thirty-one days.
A big thank you to Two Writing Teachers for providing this unique opportunity
for teacher-writers to share and reflect.


This is a school day that was so low, I need to go high...and the best way to do that for me is to write ten gratitudes:

1. I am alive and healthy.
2. I have a husband who I love dearly and who loves me back.
3. The day is basically over.
4. My son Bryce is coming over to hang out (rather late on a school night, but when you are 22, you don't feel these schedule burdens!)
5. Yoga class made me feel so much better, and reminded me to write gratitudes.
6. Tomorrow is Friday.
7. I took Monday off because it is our 30th anniversary.
8. Tony and I are going out of town for the weekend. 
9. I have brownies in the oven.
10. There is ice cream in the freezer.
Bonus: This counts as my slice of life today.

3 comments:

  1. way to go - it always gets better - go yoga! om

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! loved your bonus one. And I really like the way you focused on these positives in your life. It's a helpful reminder and always makes me feel better...in fact, I may do this for my slice (I'm commenting first for inspiration!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always works, doesn’t it? There is so much to be grateful for. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete