Friday, March 18, 2016

SOLSC #18 What are the last minute things to do?


During the month of March, I am participating in
the Slice of Life Story Challenge.
All participants are writing about one moment, one part of their day, every day for thirty-one days. My slices will be primarily about teaching preschoolers.
Check out the Two Writing Teachers website for many more reflections on teaching.

Big day ahead. This evening is our Learning Showcase, when families come to school to discover all the fun work the children have been doing during second trimester. I know the day is going to pass in a frenzied blur, as has every day this week, as we tie up any remaining loose ends. The preschoolers have completed 3-D engineering devices out of recyclables and found objects. I will share these in a blog post one day soon - they are delightful. I love the imaginative stories that accompany each of these creations. We also have individual story books, where children practiced sharing a beginning, middle, and an end - these, too, are so funny. There is a variety of art to see, since we are always experimenting and exploring. Our homemade paper quilt is the highlight.

Here's to the day!

3 comments:

  1. The one thing I like about the SOLSC is how a short bit is all that is required to meet the challenge. I hope it all goes well today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how every post begins w/ a question! Have a fantastic showcase. I'm looking forward to seeing the children's work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My school had such a night, but always around Valentine's Day. I understand how hard you and the students work for this, and then how proud they'll be. Have a marvelous day and evening Maureen.

    ReplyDelete