Monday, March 25, 2013

SOLSC #25 and done for this year


Two Writing TeachersSlice of Life Story Challenge (SOLSC)




I am unexpectedly and abruptly ending this joyous writing challenge.
My Mom has had a severe stroke.
My brother and I are traveling to South Carolina today,
to "shore up" my Dad, to give comfort to my Mom, to be at her bedside.

I am missing the Big Cats,
my first day absent this year, and,
sadly, I am probably gone all week.

I know they are in fantastic hands with Laura.

Funny to be posting this blogpost just before my journey south.
Writing soothes me.



One last slice - 


My cousin Paul writes,
"Did you know my very first memory was your Mom talking to my Mom at my house? I was still in a crib and wanting to be downstairs with them."

A lovely message, today.
A lovely thought, that one's earliest memory is happy chatter.

What is your earliest memory?



7 comments:

  1. Prayers of comfort to you and your family. Safe travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I will add prayers for all the unknowns you and your family are facing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be safe as you travel. You will be strength for your dad but also your mom. I'm so sorry. I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry...went through this with my mom two years ago at Easter. I will pray and wait for you to get back. I think my earliest memory was when my mom came home from the hospital with my second baby sister...I was three and a half...I remember her coming in the door without Carol and how sad I felt...she had to stay in the hospital a few extra days because of a blood transfusion. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe journey. You ended your slice on such a poetic note....the sound of a loved one's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Maureen, I didn't see this until now. My heart goes out to you & your family. Safe travels & my thoughts will travel with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just read this. I am so sorry to hear of your mother's stroke. I know you are there now and hope things are getting better. Sending healing energy your way. Jackie http://familytrove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete