Friday, March 19, 2010

What about challenging behavior?

Wow! I am having an incredible week! I am in Clearwater, Florida, attending the 7th Annual Addressing Challenging Behavior Conference, put on by the Center for the Social and Emotional Foundations of Early Learning (CSEFEL) and the Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention (TACSEI). Each workshop is three hours long - very intensive. Sessions began yesterday; I have attended 4 sessions so far and my head is full (and hurting!) with great information. Tomorrow morning, I will attend my last session and head back to Silver Spring, Maryland...ready to put lots of this info to work!

I'm at this training on the heels of the earlier-mentioned "dramatic play" training (see my blog entry from 16 March). This is highly-unusual, to have this much early childhood training in a single week. But what fun I am having! I think it would be an ideal job to attend early childhood trainings and write synopses of them . . . is there such a job? Anyone hiring someone to do that? What a blast this would be. I have yet to attend an early childhood training that hasn't given me at least one new nugget of info. (And this training is giving me so much information, I am having trouble processing it. Lucky for me, they are giving me a jump drive with handouts from each of the sessions. Just what this note-taking fiend needs!)

I will use this blog for the next several entries to share my "take away" from this fantastic training about Challenging Behavior in Preschoolers. One thing this CSEFEL/TACSEI conference has made clear - there are a lot of remarkable people in this field, doing a lot of provocative and interesting research.

No comments:

Post a Comment