Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tuesday SOL We are ending the year!




This is a Tuesday Slice of Life for Two Writing Teachers
Check out their website for many more reflections on teaching.




My apologies for several weeks without a slice. My son is back home and on the mend...we are calling this the "summer of healing." Thank you for your many caring words!

Over these past few weeks, rushing back and forth to the hospital or to doctor's appointments, I have taught many partial days. I am so thankful that my school permitted me this flexibility. But here is the real bonus: I have been lifted up by spending time with my preschoolers! Truly, I know I am in the right line of work: when I spend time with them, I am energized, centered, and smiling. 

Let me share our fun today. As we end our school year, I am going down "memory lane" with the children, reading favorite books, singing favorite songs, re-doing favorite activities.


Today, a very warm day in D.C., was just right for remembering our long, snowy winter. I suggested we go ice skating!

I put on some fun instrumental music, and passed out two paper plates to each child - one for each foot. Around and around the classroom they went! Oh, what fun they had! 









Ice skating complete, I read a favorite book from our snowy winter:  The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats.

Yes, a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your son is better. I didn't know! Happy end of year, Maureen. We had fun in D.C.!

    ReplyDelete