Monday, September 1, 2014

New year, new school, new everything



Something happened to my blogging during August. 
It disappeared!

Here's the main reason - we moved to a new school, with construction crews still making final touches as we teachers were setting up classrooms. Here's what my room looked like when I first entered...the with both the ceiling and flooring still needing finishing touches by the construction crew:



This room has gone through quite a transformation. It is absolutely, hands-down, the best early childhood classroom I have ever had.


We will not be squished at gathering.
I am delighted with its spaciousness.
You can't see it, but there's a sink in the art area!
I am delighted with its natural light.
Plenty of room for blocks and building.





Science and discovery in natural light!
I am delighted with my views - green, truly green, space...a field, a couple trees, a playground across the field.







Behind that door is our classroom bathroom - yes!
I am delighted with its bathroom and sink...and, excitingly, a sink in the main part of the room, too.





I am delighted with its charm...not just a typical rectangle classroom, but one with special nooks and angles and other features, allowing me to set up centers and spaces in fun, new ways.


There is so much fun reading ahead!
Yes, I am delighted!



The children came through for "Meet Your Teacher" day this past week, while we were still in the midst of setting up the room. When I got home, I said to my husband - "Oh, you should have seen these kids! They are the most adorable children!" He said I say this every year.

My dining room table today - creating photo cards of all the children,
so that they will feel at home in their new space.

Tomorrow is the first day of school! 


Here goes!







1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear from you about your new school! The pictures make it look fabulous, Maureen! Or fabulous times two! I hope you have a wonderful year, and look forward to all the things you'll share that happen in this new space.

    ReplyDelete