Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday SOL What about our outdoor play?



It is Tuesday and this is a "Slice of Life" for Two Writing Teachers.  Check out their website for lots more reflections on teaching.

The good news is that I have followed through on one of my summer goals  - every Wednesday, the Big Cats walk to our local national park for a morning of exploration in nature.  (See my earlier blogpost about this.)






Exploring outdoors, 
freely, 
openly, 
is an essential part of preschool.


The bad news is, we only got to have four weeks of this fun tradition. Due to the shutdown of the Federal Government, the park is closed.

This is so, so sad for my students.

I am unable to find the words to express my frustration with our political leaders and this ridiculous impasse.

Why try?
Time is better spent figuring out what the Big Cats will do tomorrow....


1 comment:

  1. Love how you have been able to engage your kids by using the resources around you! Yet another reason to be frustrated with the gov!

    ReplyDelete