I am beginning to wonder if I will ever catch my breath enough to blog again! Non-stop, race to the finish. Three more days of school.
Here's what the crescendo of these last few days and weeks has included:
- Creating/finalizing portfolios for each child
- Finding time for each child to draw end of year self-portraits (and delighting in the obvious growth from the beginning of the year!)
- Completing the end of the year data
- Entering GOLD data...oh, how tedious it is to finalize data!
- Dance party with the children, a gift from our families at our school's silent auction
What fun we had dancing at our DJ Party!
- Our final Learning Showcase of the year, a big exciting evening event with families,
Documentation of our water investigations, for our Learning Showcase
- Writing and editing report cards (haven't yet stuffed the envelopes - may it go better than last trimester!)
- Family conferences, reflecting on each child's school year
- Supporting my Resident as she searched for a teaching position next year - YES, Melissa will be teaching kindergarten! In Spanish! Go, Melissa! Well done!
- Hard hat tour with my colleagues of our new school (opening this fall!)
- Going down "memory lane" with the children - re-reading our favorite books, re-visiting our favorite activities, playing lots of games
- Washing toys with the children
- Splash party in the side alley - and washing those large foam blue blocks
- In, between, around, and in spite of these many demands and milestones, trying to savor special moments with the children.